Skip navigation.
Print this page | Text size: Larger / Smaller

Concessionary Travel

Free Bus Pass or Senior Railcard

Concessionary off-peak bus travel is free for older people and for disabled people living in West Sussex. In West Sussex we can offer either a one year Senior Railcard or Disabled Persons Railcard instead of a bus pass.  For details of how to apply for a concessionary bus pass visit West Sussex County Council's web pages as follow this link

* Some residents who live in Burgess Hill pay their Council Tax to Lewes District Council and will therefore need to contact them at the following website  for a Concessionary Bus Pass.

Senior Railcard

Concessionary rail travel is available from Mid Sussex District Council to anyone of eligible age.

If you are a Burgess Hill resident and pay your Council Tax to Mid Sussex District Council you can apply for a Senior CitizenRail Pass at the Help Point at a discounted rate. For further details visit


Disabled Railcard

A Disabled Persons Railcard entitles you and a companion to reduced price rail travel. You will be required to show proof of residency and proof of eligibility.  For further information visit

To apply for the Disabled Person’s Railcard please call into the Help Point where staff will be pleased to help you.

Taxi Vouchers

Taxi vouchers are available to residents instead of a Bus Pass to assist people who cannot physically use other forms of public transport. 

To obtain the taxi vouchers you will need to provide proof of residency, proof of age or disability and a passport size photograph.   For further information visit