Skip navigation.
Print this page | Text size: Larger / Smaller

Housing for People with Learning Difficulties

Housing for People with Learning DifficultiesThe West Sussex Shared Lives Scheme (previously known as the Adult Placement Scheme), part of West Sussex County Council, offers vulnerable adults and those with disabilties, a flexible form of care - an opportunity to live an ordinary domestic life as part of the 'approved carer's' life in the community.

Shared Lives carers and their families open their homes to provide people with a place to stay and the support they need. They can help people for short periods during the day, welcome people to stay in their home for short breaks, or provide a long term home to someone who needs one. It is also possible for an approved carer to move into the home of a person requiring support while the regular carer has a short break.
For further information please visit the West Sussex County Council website, telephone: 01444 254463 or email: