Skip navigation.
Print this page | Text size: Larger / Smaller


PensionsThe Pensions, Disability and Carers Service is part of the Department of Work and Pensions (“DWP”) and can deal with enquiries from people over 50 years of age relating to their entitlements in retirement, i.e. State Pension, Pension Credit etc and all people who have a disability or are a carer or being cared for.

If you need advice and wish to speak to them direct please contact the Pensions, Disability and Carers Service on 0845 3000 168. 

You can also visit their website

Other Useful Contacts:

State Pension Claim Line – telephone 0800 731 7898

Benefit Enquiry Line (New Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance and Carers Allowance Claims) – telephone 0800 88 22 00

Pension Credit Claim Line – telephone 0800 99 1234

Winter Fuel Payment – telephone 0845 915 1515

Age UK Pensions Advice Line - freephone 0800 169 6565,


The Pension Service assumed responsibility for the Pension Tracing Service on 6 April 2005. This FREE service allows individuals, or their representatives, to trace any unclaimed or "lost" occupational and personal pensions. You can contact the Pension Tracing Service on 0845 6002 537, textphone 0845 3000 169 or visit the Direct Gov website.

The Regulated Financial Services Authority (FSA) aims to maintain efficient, orderly and clean financial markets and help retail consumers achieve a fair deal.  For further information telephone the Helpline 0845 606 1234 (open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm) or visit their website

The Veterans Agency administers the War Pension Scheme in partnership with many other government departments such as the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and the Department of Constitutional Affairs (DCA), who assist us when processing claims and appeals.  It also delivers welfare services in partnership with ex-Service and other voluntary organisations.

For further information contact the Veterans Agency on 0800 169 2277 or visit

Men and women who served in HM Armed Forces before and/or during World War II are entitled to a Veterans badge.