Skip navigation.
Print this page | Text size: Larger / Smaller

Traveller Sites & Key Contacts

Traveller SitesThere are two Local Authority sites in Burgess Hill, both run by West Sussex County Council, they are:

Bedelands Farm, Burgess Hill - 9 pitches
Fairplace Hill Caravan site, Burgess Hill - 8 pitches

For information please telephone West Sussex County Council on 01243 642139.

For information about other sites in Mid Sussex please click on the following link to visit the Mid Sussex District Council website.

Local Advice and Support - key contacts

Click on a link below to jump straight to the relevant section
General * Education * Health * Housing * Legal * Local GovernmentReporting Crime


Friends, Families and Travellers
Community Base
113 Queens Road
Telephone: 01273 234777

Sussex Traveller Action Group
Contact: Lisa Williams, Community Development Worker
Telephone: 07856 627835


West Sussex County Council Traveller Education Support Team
Traveller Education Support,
4th Floor Education Office (South)
Centenary House, Durrington Lane,
BN13 2QB
Telephone: 01903 839271
Email: sheila.o'



NHS Choices (provides information on Hospitals, GPs, Dentists, Pharmacists, Opticians, Walk in Centres


Mid Sussex District Council provides free housing advice for those in housing need.
Contact The Housing Needs Team
Telephone: 01444 477574

Legal advice

Traveller Advice Team
The Travellers Advice Team (TAT) provides legal advice to Gypsies and Travellers through a dedicated Telephone Advice Line 0845 120 2980 available between 10.00am - 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (with exception of Bank Holidays). Travellers can speak directly to experienced advisers on questions of evictions, planning matters, issues involving official caravan sites and other matters. Visit for more details.

Citizens Advice Bureau 

Local Government

Burgess Hill Town Council Help Point
96 Church Walk
Burgess Hill
RH15 9AS
Telephone: 01444 247726

Reporting Hate Crime

Sussex Police
Website: (incidents can be reported online) 

Mid Sussex District Council
Report incidents online - click on the following link to visit the Mid Sussex District Council website.

This page has been designed as a source of advice for Gypsies and Travellers. If you would like more information to be added to the page please email