Town Council Vacancies
Burgess Hill Pantry Manager
Location: Burgess Hill Town Centre
Hours: 14 hours p/week – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9am to 5pm
Salary: £9.30 – £10.30 per hour, depending on experience
Burgess Hill Pantry is a new charity created by Burgess Hill Town Council to help people struggling on low incomes to put food on the table. For a small weekly fee, members of the scheme will be able to select 10 food items worth considerably more from a range of items on offer to help household budgets stretch a little further. The scheme will be open to people who are working and struggling to make ends meet as well as those who are without work.
We are looking for an experienced store manager with excellent people management and customer service skills to run the day-to-day operations of the Pantry, coordinate the team of volunteer pantry assistants and ensure our customers enjoy a positive and supportive environment during their visit. Whilst the position is initially required for two days per week, there is potential for this to grow in future.
– Supervising and training the team of pantry assistant volunteers
– Preparing volunteer work schedules
– Ordering, recording and managing the pantry inventory
– Ensuring the pantry is adequately stocked, clean and visually appealing
– Managing and accounting for all money-handling activities
– Motivating the team of volunteers to ensure excellent customer service and support.
Desired skills and experience:
– Previous experience in a retail position at management level
– Strong customer focus and decision-making ability
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– IT & social media skills
– Basic knowledge of accounting, cash handling and similar procedures
– Experience in the charity sector or with volunteering a strong positive
To apply, please send a current CV and covering letter to email@example.com referencing ‘Burgess Hill Pantry Manager application’ by Monday 15 February 2021. Please note, the deadline for applications may be closed earlier if a large number of applications are received or the right candidate is found.