Skip navigation.
Print this page | Text size: Larger / Smaller

Supporting or objecting to a planning application

Q  How can I find out when a planning application has been made?
A. A weekly list of planning applications is available on this website in the Burgess Hill Town Council Help Point and on notice boards in Burgess Hill.

Q Where can I view the plans for Burgess Hill applications?
A. Using the Mid Sussex District Council Online Planning Register or by visiting the Mid Sussex District Council Offices. If you would like a copy of any plans for Burgess Hill these can be obtained from the Help Point (there is a small charge for this service).

Q When do the Burgess Hill Town Council Planning Committee meet to consider applications?
A. They usually meet every three weeks on a Monday night in the Council Chamber and Agendas are displayed in our Help Point, on the notice boards in the town and on this website the Wednesday before the meeting.

Q How can I object/support an application?
A By speaking or writing to the Committee member representing your Ward before the meeting at which the application will be considered, by attending a Planning Surgery at the Help Point on the Saturday before the meeting or by actually attending the meeting.  Each meeting begins with an Open Forum to allow people to speak for up to three minutes on an application to be considered or a relevant topic.  Whatever method you choose you should also write to the Planning Office at Mid Sussex District Council stating your objections or support.

Q How can I find out what was discussed at the Town Council meeting?
A. Minutes of the meetings are put on the website within 5 working days of the meeting and are available in the Help Point.  After a meeting the Committee’s observations on the planning applications are sent to Mid Sussex District Council where either a planning officer will make a decision or the application will be decided at a meeting of the Planning Committee.  Copies of the Agendas and Minutes of the Planning Committee are available on this website and on the Mid Sussex District Council website.

Q How can I find out when Mid Sussex District Council will make a decision or what decision has been made?
A.  By looking at the Online Planning Register

Q Who do I contact if I think a planning permission has been breached or if consent has not been sought?
A. Mid Sussex District Council deal with the enforcement of planning control.