Covid-19 Vaccinations in Burgess Hill
The GP practices in Burgess Hill and surrounding villages are working together to organise the mass vaccination programme for our local area.
Clair Hall Haywards Heath has been approved as the vaccination base for Burgess Hill residents.
There is a set order in which patients will be invited for vaccination, based on a person’s risk grouping calculated from their clinical record. This is set by NHS England and it cannot be changed by your GP surgery.
Our GP surgeries are working their way through thousands of patients so please DO NOT contact them about vaccination, they will contact you.
The set order for invitations is as follows:
1. Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2. All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3. All those 75 years of age and over
4. All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
5. All those 65 years of age and over
6. All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
7. All those 60 years of age and over
8. All those 55 years of age and over
9. All those 50 years of age and over
To help pensioners and vulnerable people get to their COVID-19 vaccination appointments, concessionary bus pass holders can travel for free in West Sussex before 9.30am from Monday 18 January.
TRANSPORTATION FOR CORONAVIRUS VACCINATIONS FROM COMMUNITY TRANSPORT SUSSEX
Community Transport Sussex (Bluebird Community Partnership) have received funding from the Charities Aid Foundation Resilience Fund and the Sussex Community Foundation to provide up to 1500 free of charge journeys to Mid Sussex residents needing assistance to travel to their Coronavirus vaccination appointments. If you or someone you know has been contacted with an appointment, and are unable to arrange transportation to attend, you can contact them on 01444 471919 to book.
The minibuses are thoroughly cleaned between passengers, drivers will be wearing appropriate PPE, and safety procedures will be in place to ensure the journeys are as safe as possible for passengers. Transport is available to and from your home address. Availability of journeys is mostly between 10am and 2pm, due to driver schedules, however, if your appointment is outside of these times, you can still get in touch to discuss options.
This short video demonstrates the safety measures in place: