Skip to content

                        Frequently Asked Questions






How to book an Audiology-appointment or obtain new batteries?

Appointment only service available in the Help-point on Fridays. Appointments team can be contacted on
0800 622 6282


For further information click on this link 

Bus Timetables

Where to obtain a current Bus Timetable?

For the Bus Timetables see link below to Metro Bus and Compass Travel:                                                                              

Metro Bus website

Compass Travel’s website

Citizen Advice – Appointments

How to make a Citizen Advice-appointment?

Citizen’s Advice is available at Burgess Hill Library on Mondays and Wednesdays.


To apply for an appointment telephone 08082 787 699

To email, web chat or BSL Live Video Link visit

For the advice line contact 0808 278 7969 on
(Monday to Friday, 9am- 4.30pm)

For self-help visit

Council Tax

How to register for Council Tax?

To register for the Council Tax, visit Mid Sussex District Council, Council Tax  or

Telephone  01444 477 564

Disabled bus pass

How to apply for a Disabled Bus Pass?

New applicants form can be collected from our Help-point.

For all further information and to apply online, go to West Sussex County Council


Where to report Flyposting?

Flyposting can be reported to Burgess Hill Town Council by telephone 01444 247 726 or email


How to obtain a Foodbank voucher or donate?

For Foodbank vouchers and donation, go to the link below: Burgess Hill Community Food Bank


How to access help if you or someone you know is Homeless?

For homelessness help page visit:

Mid Sussex District Council, homelessness and housing advice

You can also contact Turning Tides on 01903 680740 or find out more click on the link below:


How to register for Housing within Mid Sussex?

To register for Housing within Mid Sussex, visit Housing Advice at Mid Sussex District Council

Housing Benefit

How to apply for Housing Benefit?

Applications for housing benefit can be made via Mid Sussex District Council  or directly to

Job Centre

How to book an appointment to see someone from the Job Centre in Burgess Hill?

Thursdays we have a representative available in the Help Point for appointments between 10am – 1.00pm.

Appointments can be booked via this email:
or by telephone 01444 338004

Missed dog bin /litter bin and household bin collection

How to report a missed Dog, litter or household bin collection?

Missed Dog, litter or household bin collection can be reported directly to Mid Sussex District Council

Overgrown Vegetation

Where to report overgrown vegetation?

If footway (pavement) is obstructed by overgrown vegetation, please report directly to West Sussex Highways

Register Birth / Death

Where to register birth or death?

To register Birth or Death book an appointment either by telephone on 01243 642 122 or visit:

Register a Child for School

Where to register a child for school?

To register a child for school visit West Sussex County Council

Refuse and Recycling

Where is the Amenity Tip  and opening days/time?

The household Waste Recycling Centre (otherwise known as Burgess Hill Amenity Tip) is located on Fairbridge Way Burgess Hill, RH15 8AR and is managed by West Sussex County Council’s Contractor Viridor.

For information about opening times, access, charges and recycling, contact West Sussex County Council, Burgess Hill Recycling Centre

Proof of residency (for example a driving license)in West Sussex is needed.


Where to report Potholes?

To report a Pothole visit West Sussex County Council, pothole

Senior Citizen Bus Pass

How to apply for a Senior Citizen Bus Pass?

New applicants form can be collected from the Help Point.

Further information and to apply online visit:

Senior Railcard – Code for discount

How to obtain a Senior Railcard discount code?

Burgess Hill Town Council can provide a discount code to be used against the cost of the Senior Railcard for Mid Sussex District Council Residents over the age of 60.

Please visit Burgess Hill Town Council Help Point with relevant I.D and you will be given a code and instructions for how to apply.